America’s First Business Accelerator Dedicated to Serving the Department of Defense
The ACIN Camden Technology Center is tasked with commercializing new technologies and fostering growth in private-sector companies that are developing new technologies and products to be used in military and commercial applications. Established in 2001, the ACIN Camden Center for Entrepreneurship in Technology is a full-service technology accelerator program designed to assist small companies exploit opportunities within the military through delivering products and services based on emerging technologies that meet an immediate need.
The mission of the ACIN Camden Technology Center is to identify small businesses and technologies that are of interest to the military and the US Government, and to help them create markets for their technologies, products and services–thereby increasing jobs and improving the long-term sustainability and survivability of the companies in Camden, New Jersey. Our program is focused on small businesses with technology that provides benefits to the Department of Defense – either by leveraging commercial-off-the-shelf technology or developing new technology with the potential for commercial development.
What We Do
The ACIN Camden Technology Center is America’s first small business accelerator dedicated to serving the US Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security. Located in Camden, New Jersey and established in 2001 through a contract between the US Army and Drexel University.
ACIN is focused on Applied Communications and Information Networking technology that provides benefits to the Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security – either leveraging COTS technology or with the potential for commercial development.
The ACIN Camden Technology Center is interested in for-profit technology firms producing products or services that can enter or grow in the government or commercial marketplace rapidly. Small businesses must involve telecommunications, wireless and mobile data applications, information assurance and network integrity, intelligent systems, or C4ISR technologies.
Who We Are
- Established in 2001 through a contract between the US Army and Drexel University
- Participation from 60 small high technology businesses in Camden
- Creation of 350+ high tech jobs in Camden, New Jersey
- Funded by $200+ million contracts by the Department of Defense, Drexel University, and various large and small defense contracting businesses
- Occupies 20,000 square feet in Camden’s NJ EDA Waterfront Technology Center
- Research support from more than 75 Drexel professors, researchers and graduate students
- Mentoring Partners: General Dynamics, CACI, Verizon FNS, Lucent, Lockheed, Sarnoff, Booz Allen
What We are Looking For in a Small Businesses or Technology
- Telecommunications, wireless and mobile data applications
- Information assurance and network integrity
- Intelligent systems
- C4ISR technologies
- Location awareness
- Network security, authentication and identification
- Wireless security
- Self-organizing networks
- Signal intelligence
- Knowledge management
- Sensors and surveillance
- Modeling and simulation
- Data mining